The Maryland Renaissance Festival is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified performers will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age or ability. **All performers must be fully vaccinated against Covid to perform at the festival. **
If you are interested in performing at the 2022 Festival
please click on one of the links below for additional information. Thank you!
NO PHONE CALLS.
Stage and Street Act
To be considered as a Stage Act or Street Act for the 2022 Maryland Renaissance Festival, please send the following information via an EPK (electronic press kit)
- If including a highlight video, please make sure to also send at least 5 continuous minutes of an act where we can hear your patter.
- Please note: FIRE is not allowed to be used by performers at the festival. So, no fire eating or fire juggling.
- The use of pre-recorded music or sound effects is not allowed at the festival.
- your resume, references, and any PR (Public Relations) materials you may have
- your salary request per day (no hat passing). In general, Stage acts perform 4 twenty-five minute stage shows per day. Street performers are scheduled for 4-5 hours of street work with breaks. This is open to negotiation.
- your availability. The MD Festival runs Saturdays, Sundays, and Labor Day Monday from August 27 until October 23, 2022. Full or partial contracts are available. If you are interested in a partial contract, please specify the best weekends for you.
- All stage and street acts are required to carry general liability insurance.
- All performers must be fully vaccinated against Covid to perform at MDRF.
For serious consideration for the 2022 season, all materials should be received by January 20th, 2022. Packets are accepted year-round.
Proposals that do not include a salary request and availability information will not be considered seriously. Note: We are always willing to negotiate.
Please email to: email@example.com
Carolyn Spedden, Artistic Director
NO PHONE CALLS.
Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis.